Sunday, January 27, 2008

So Afraid

I'm not afraid,
I wake up and I'm not afraid
of wrecking my car.
I live every moment and I'm not afraid
of being robbed.
I go places and I'm not afraid
of people taking advantage of me.
I apply and I'm not afraid
of being rejected.
I find myself unhappy and I'm not afraid
of dying.
I am afraid though,
but not of those things.
Those fears are over shadowed by my fear of you
never being my friend again,
never again being the one I turn to when something big happens,
never calling me again just because you wanted to talk,
never telling me that I'm your best friend
and that you would do anything for me.
I'm afraid I will never get that back,
I'm afraid that I wont be able to go on
living without you there.
I'm so afraid.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Hey Whit. I hope you're doing okay. If you need anything you can always call me. It feels like I haven't talked to you in forever, and I miss my little sister. :)