Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hiding Everyday

I think I am being strong,
but really I am only weak.

I am hiding from everything,
"protecting" myself from further harm.

I close myself off from the world,
I cut myself off from you.

Thinking everything will just go away,
leaving me to recover on my own.

I am a coward,
I am scared of the things you'll say.

This is what I do when I become too attached,
with no promise, no commitment from you.

I know this is not the way I should handle it,
but I felt I had no other choice.

So I am sorry but this was the only way,
I saw myself getting through this.

I cant take the pressure,
all the thoughts of you.

So now I will go hide from you,
but more hide from everything I want but can't have.

I like you and you know that I do,
but I'm just trying to figure this out.

I tried to ignore my feelings, but it didn't work,
I screwed everything up, I know.

No comments: